Frequently asked questions
We collect and share FAQs and responses on Github at https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/wiki/FAQ.
If you don’t find your problem and solution there, continue on to the resources in the Community section below to see more conversations and look for solutions.
If you’re having a problem:
- Search the User forum to see if the problem is already reported
- Search Github issues to see if the problem is already reported
- Read Stack Overflow to see if others had a similar problem
- Check Twitter to see if others are discussing the problem
- Report an issue:
- First as a new thread (conversation) in the User forum.
- Then, if you wish, you can create a Github issue.
If you want to contribute:
- Help us translate the tool into more languages, using Weblate
- We have a guide to contributing in the Technical Reference section
- Contribute your feature requests in the User forum or as Github issues
- Join the User Forum and/or the Developer Forum
- Share your successes and use cases with us, in the User forum
- Add your blog posts, guides, tips, tricks, tutorials to our list
- Keep an eye out for and respond to our biennial user survey.